The 2017 Pearl & Julius Young Music Competition is honored to announce three prestigious judges.
The 2017 Pearl & Julius Young Music Competition will be held Sunday, March 19 starting at NOON. Admission is Free.
Stefano Miceli, piano
- Has been principal guest artist with Cameristi della Fenice, Leipzig Philharmonic Orchestra, Orchestra Filarmonica Italiana.
- Is Music Director of Orchestra Sinfonica Italiana and Milano Metropolitan Orchestra.
- Made his New York debut as soloist and conductor at Carnegie Hall in November 2010.
- Is the Music Coordinator and Master Teacher at "La Scuola d'Italia" in New York City and founder of the Bergamo Festival Internazionale.
- Is a Steinway Artist.
Stanley Alexandrowicz, guitar
- Is internationally renowned for his thrilling virtuosity, poetic interpretations, and refined musicality.
- Has premiered and commissioned over 100 works by composers from Europe, Asia, The United States, Cuba, and Latin America.
- Collaborates regularly in chamber music performances with some of the world's leading musicians in The United States and Europe.
- Is a performer and member of the faculty for Alion Baltic International Music festival.
- Is a scholar and specialists in 19th century Romantic guitar composition.
- CD "Ivan Padovec: Music for Guitar and Soprano" was issued on SHEVA COllection Recordings Italy.
Andrew Pecota, bassoon
- Plays principal bassoon and is Winds Manager for The Baroque Orchestra of New Jersey
- Has performed with leading orchestras and opera companies throughout New Jersey.
- Has performed solo concerti of Vivaldi, Mozart, Butts.
- Is a founding member of Zephyrs Winds and Fieldstone Ensemble.
The Pearl & Julius Young Music Competition features twelve of music's greatest young artists - ages 16-22.
The Competition features music of Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Rodrigo, Stravinsky, Dvorak, Prokofiev, Sibelius, and Schumann.