BONJ, New Jersey's most dynamic orchestra maintains its dedication to excellence by making use of a strong and vibrant group of music-loving volunteers. As with any nonprofit organization, from the Board of Directors to those who hand out programs at our concerts, our orchestra could not function without volunteers.
We are always looking for new people to bring energy and new ideas to BONJ. All are welcome. Come and be a part of the BONJ family. If you have a special talent or would just like to help us, please consider becoming a volunteer and donating as much or as little time as you would like.
Here is a short list of some of the variety of tasks for which we are seeking volunteers:
- People willing to work outdoors at street fairs and festivals to spread the word about BONJ.
- People willing to distribute posters, postcards and brochures in the towns where they live to houses of worship, libraries, supermarkets, etc.
- People who can help with marketing and publicity by putting BONJ's upcoming events on appropriate computer websites.
- People with computer skills who are talented in the graphic arts who can help design brochures, rack cards, newsletters etc.
- People who are good at fundraising and would like to help plan and carry out BONJ's luncheons, galas or other fundraising events.
- People with good writing skills to devise, formulate and edit press releases and assist with marketing proposals to area corporations.
- People with grant writing skills to assist in locating funding sources and writing grant proposals.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact our Vice President, Lisa Young, 973-669-1641. Once you volunteer you will be part of a family of like-minded people who love BONJ and what we do. Once you volunteer you will feel great doing it!